Sunday 21 October 2012

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA FOR H&M

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA FOR H&M

After a first look here and a look at the campaign of the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M Collection, we are actually quite surprised that so many images of the much anticipated collaboration have already leaked.
Today we get an actual look at the men’s portion of the collection, previewing full looks of the ‘Replica’ range for the mass retailer. The images give a first comprehensive overview of the pieces that you can expect to release to see in stores starting November 15th.


Maison Martin Margiela’s deconstructed, asymmetric, over sized  layered, and archived aesthetic have been beautifully translated into a 104 piece collection for high street retailer H&M. Well I’ll be refreshing the H&M website for life on the 15th November as I absolutely love the entire collection! In terms of menswear, the two-tone check mac, tan wool coat, grey painted shoes and satin top will be the pieces most likely, (and realistically with my budget) be finding their way into my wardrobe, and if I were a woman, I’d be scratching and pulling hair over stunning draped, asymmetric and over sized (but figure flattering), garments.

I also think it was a great move to draw inspiration from archived designs rather than creating a whole new collection as personally I find this much more appealing and authentic in regards to the MMM aesthetic.

No comments: