Sunday 11 November 2012

Alexander McQueen: Fashion Visionary


Images-'Dapper Kid'
Alexander McQueen: Fashion Visionary
By Judith Watt
Foreword by Daphne Guinness
Published by Goodman Books
(Available at Amazon and other good bookstores)


Verdict

This is most certainly not your typical coffee table fashion book and I like that. I think this book makes for a very easy to navigate and useful resource material, covering McQueen's collections in a detailed chronological order. The extent of the research that went into the book, including the various interviews, provides a wealth of information that is enjoyable to read. I think this book would make a very good starting place for anyone interested in McQueen's work, but also a nice addition to those already very much taken by the extent of his artistry. Would I, like Watt, place McQueen's life work alongside that of Chanel and Saint Laurent? I'm not so sure yet, but she certainly makes a convincing argument.

No comments: